Easily manage all customers, inventory, and invoices.
BookHound 8 is a full-featured database application built to handle most day-to-day bookselling operations. For more than 15 years, BookHound has been a leader among inventory management systems for independent bookstores and booksellers.
System Requirements: Mac OS 10.10 or higher. Windows 7 (64-bit only) or higher.
Network Version: MacOS High Sierra 10.13. Windows 7 (64-bit only) or higher.
Included with purchase of BookHound 8 is free e-mail and phone support for the first month. Remote login or other support will require an annual support plan which is available at $200 per year.
One-time fee of $500 to convert BookHound to a network version and assist with setup in the cloud. Requires BookHound 8 and FileMaker cloud subscription (see pricing here).
An annual support package is available for versions 6 and up. The cost is $200 US for one (1) calendar year and includes phone, email and remote login assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is technical support included with my BookHound 8 License?
- No, your purchase does not include technical support beyond the first 30 days of use. An annual support package is available for $200 per year.
- Are there recurring charges to operate BookHound 8?
- No, your paid passcode will permanently unlock your BookHound allowing unlimited use. The price paid is a one-time license fee and includes the first 30 days of technical support. Further support beyond 30 days can be purchased separately.
- Can I run BookHound 8 on more than one computer?
- BookHound 8 requires no extra software to run on one computer, however, to network BookHound (simultaneous use on more than one computer), you will need to pay a one-time fee of $500 to convert BookHound to a network version and a sign up for a FileMaker cloud subscription (see pricing here).
- Can BookHound retrieve bibliographic data simply by entering an isbn number?
- No, BookHound 8 does not have an automatic data-entry system based on isbn number.
- Does BookHound automatically send inventory to the various online listing services?
- No. However, one click will create an inventory file suitable for upload to most listing services (a separate file is created just for Amazon.com Pro Merchant™ accounts). We can automate uploading to your various marketplaces if you are a website client. Read about Marketplace Exports on our website features page.
- On which Macintosh operating systems will BookHound 6 and BookHound 7ce still run?
- BookHound 6 is compatible with Macintosh operations systems up to 10.6.8. BookHound 7ce is compatible with systems up to 10.7.5.
- I have BookHound 6 for Windows. Do I need to upgrade?
- If you are running BookHound 6 on Windows XP/ Vista/7, and are not experiencing any problems, you do not need to upgrade. If you upgrade to a later Windows we cannot support BookHound 6, although it may operate.
- How do I upgrade from an earlier version of BookHound (5, 6, or 7ce) to BookHound 8?
- We will transfer all your data from a previous version of BookHound to BookHound 8 for a fee. This conversion process includes sales, customers, catalogs, and consignments, and any other user-defined data such as preferences and customized drop-down menus. We will insure that your transition is quick and pain-free but costs vary depending on your specific data needs so be sure to contact us early to discuss your options.
Download a free trial version of BookHound 8
Get a fully functional version of BookHound 8 now. Then test drive the software and learn how easy it is to manage your customers, inventory, and invoices – free for 30 days.